LinkedIn #6 – Top 10 Takeaways – Webinar “More than Profit, CX Creates Great Relationships
More than Profit, Customer Experience creates Great Relationships. This concept is very basic, but not everyone understands it to its full extent.
On this Webinar with our guest Sergio Santos, who considers himself as a simple Car Sales Person, we were able to fully understand that a Relationship has to precede any business dealings, so that the trust and confidence will allow great business to take place at the right time.
1) People would love to buy from you, but they don’t want you to try to sell to them. This is particularly true for Brazilians. They want to take their time to think and decide about the purchase. They want to feel confident that they are doing a good deal. If a Sales person is pushy and only targets the numbers and deadlines, the Customer becomes skeptic and may not even close the deal.
2) Sometimes it takes patience, but actively listening to the Customer and understanding what we need to do to get the Customer to decide to buy can be the difference between closing or not. Sometimes we need to take the solution to the Customer, if the Customer cannot come to us. A bit beyond our comfort zone, but it pays off.
3) If the Customers are happy, they will come back for more, but you cannot abuse their confidence. If a lower value product or service solves their problem, don’t push for a higher ticket one.
4) Sometimes, the Customer needs to feel like they are welcome on our business before they can decide to buy. A simple coffee, without talking about business can be enough for this sense of belonging to come up. After that, any business discussion will be much simpler.
5) Happy Customers become your sales force. They bring their friends and family to get from you what you have to sell. It may look like a different deal, but it is not. It is the continuation of the same relationship.
6) When the Customer brings you a gift from his/her vacation, this means that your relationship means a lot to them. This creates a perfect environment for continued business, but more than that, for great and valuable relationships.
7) Sometimes all the Customer needs is encouragement. You cannot underestimate the power of insecurity. Get closer enough to understand that pushing for the sale will only spook the Customer, is very important. If you have a connection with the Customer, he/she will share the reasons behind the hesitation to sign the deal. This gives you the power to work on what really matters most for the Customer, getting them to commit. All it takes sometimes is the encouragement.
8) One of the biggest mistakes in business is to judge a book by the cover. The other big mistake is to see the Customer as he/she is today and not as he/she can become. When you take the time and establish a connection with the Customer you can understand a lot more their potential and you can make the right investment on the future business. Sometimes all you need is to fuel their dreams and help them to fulfil them.
9) Making the apparently impossible sale possible is a lot more profitable than the day-to-day sale. The Customers that materialize a deal they though was impossible tend to bargain less and they tell a lot of people about the good deed that you did. The difficult sales tend to bring on average more results on the long run.
10) There is a reward, beyond the profit, that makes the hard deals great deals. Do the right thing that your Customers will recognize it and you will be happier about it.